Friday, March 25, 2011

sweet to myself

{this is my how i eat lunch almost every day. bailey just got on the bus. i feed bailey and sawyer lunch before she leaves. then i stand at the counter and eat oatmeal with walnuts sprinkled on top while sawyer does something crazy like stand on the counter and pour water from one cup to another...and all over the counter.} and WHAT is with me still wearing 3 layers of clothes every day? where is SPRING?? it's supposed to SNOW this weekend!
this week has been weird for me.
the foot/toe thing threw me off. more than i'd like to admit.
BUT...it's also been good.
REST IS ALWAYS GOOD.
{i might have said to pat as we were saying goodnight last night, "i HATE to rest." it's a problem of mine. clearly.}

i've been very sweet to myself this week.
enjoyed not getting up as early to run.
did NO exercise from wednesday on. {i totally could have forced it and swam but i chose not to...see? sweet to myself.}
i drank diet coke when i wanted to.
i took a nap almost every day.
i read. a lot.
i crossed very few things off my "list."
i was a good mom...but not a great mom. i wasn't mean...but wasn't overly engaged with them.
that might sound weird. but i am just normally SO focused on being GREAT and ENGAGED and this was a way to be sweet to myself.
it was nice.
i'll {hopefully} be back to being GREAT and ENGAGED next week...
i spend a lot of time on the computer. got caught up on a lot of blogs i love to read.
caught {mostly - never fully, right?} up on email.
i also ate a LOT of sugar {come ON! it's the BEST sweetness! :-)}

yesterday was candy...
bought the candy from the bulk food aisle in the grocery store. and made sure i had *plenty* :-)

{last basketball game tomorrow! and first baseball practice!}
today was chocolate...
it's for shepherd group at our house tonight.
i had all the ingredients in my pantry! leftover from other stuff that never got used.
i was *saving* money {pat loves my reasoning with that stuff :-)}
i used to eat this in college.
animal crackers with chocolate frosting on it.
i would seriously buy a box of animal crackers and a tub of frosting with the intention of eating it like this.
there was a little bit of frosting left this afternoon...so...

SWEET!!! :-)

thankful for the ways God is teaching me and molding me.
i'm a stubborn student...but He is so patient with me.

have a SWEET weekend!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Only one word- YUMMY!! :)

Michelle said...

I just ate leftover frosting with a spoon the other day and totally thought of you and your animal crackers at the Barn! Wish I could stop by for a yummy brownie!

Megan said...

Is oatmeal really considered lunch? Isn't that more the line of a snack? Please don't worry yourself about the bathing suit in a few weeks. You normally run 5+ miles every day and you eat a small bowl of oatmeal for a "meal". I don't want to hear any more about it. If you don't look good in a bathing suit, none of the rest of us have a chance.

But I do LOVE that you are being sweet to yourself. The animal crackers and icing idea made me want to go buy some just to try it...but then since I don't run at all or ever eat small bowls of anything as a full meal, the bathing suit season really is an issue over here. ;-)

Love you!

Kat said...

That makes me hungry! YUM! I think I'm gonna go buy some nutella....

Katy said...

i LOVE that you were finally sweet to yourself more!! and i loved seeing more pictures of you on the blog this time! don't make me have an intervention for you if all you're eating is oatmeal and animal crackers by the way!! love you!

jenn said...

i love seeing all these pics of YOU!! :)

Tammy said...

i LOVE that you are being sweet to yourself!! You DESERVE it!! you should do it more often not just when you are hurt. :) also you are a GREAT MOM!! your kids can entertain themselves and that doesn't make you any less of a mom...it is actually a great skill for them to have. it is one we are working hard on over at this house. :)