Sunday, February 27, 2011

sunday night

*it's been a week without diet coke. actually, i had some last night at a party. and it didn't even taste that good! i'm not craving it anymore. pretty amazing to me. i will drink it sometimes. but, no longer will it be a daily drink for me. at least for now.

*we no longer have "texting" on our cell phones. um...WAY too high phone bill and, as we figure out what we're going to do {i.e. cancel landline...etc} we had to do SOMETHING to make sure we don't have another bill like that! so...don't text me...we did increase our minutes...so, call me or email me!

*i'm so exhausted at the end of every day. not physically...or spiritually...but mentally. being a mom is HARD. life is HARD. {and, i'm cranky when i'm exhausted...FYI}

*i hate stupid fights. they are such a waste of time. i'm so prideful and dumb.

*it's supposed to be 70 degrees here tomorrow! i got excited until i heard the second part...RAIN/thunderstorms ALL day. well, at least it means spring is kind of here!

*hopeful for movement in rwanda this week!

*i love my kids.

*i will be sad when sawyer doesn't sleep with his bottom up in the air anymore. when does that happen??

*i LOVE running. love.it.

*i need a good fiction book...any recommendations?? my brain is too full of "deep" stuff right now and the last 2 nights i can't even bring myself to pick up any of the half-finished deep books on my bedside table...

*i hate sunday nights. i have since i was a little girl. i get sad. used to be for different reasons...but in this season of my life it's that i just get used to having pat around and being able to hug him and laugh with him every few minutes...and then it's the week again. sadness.

end of randomness.

8 comments:

Cassie said...

i just ordered "The Help".
heard great things about it.
bringing it to florida.
maybe you can read it too and we can discuss. :)

Jennifer said...

Just read "The Wednesday Letters" for my book club, enjoyed it.

LOVED "The Help" just finished that one from the library. Also check out Charles Martin's books - they will make you cry but his writing is sooooo good. My all-time fav book is his "When Crickets Cry." You know you can request them from the library and they will email you when they are in right? Best thing ever for reading, busy moms!

Megan said...

*I'm so impressed about the Diet Coke! *Can you get unlimited texting for $5 or something? *yes, being a mom is hard *I just finished a novel called "Comfort Food" by the lady who wrote "the Friday Night Knitting Club"...those are both totally mindless fiction that was a good read. Also a new one by Karen Kingsbury called Unlocked. For once it is not a romance by her, but just as easy to read as all her Baxter stuff.

Katy said...

we got rid of our landline when we moved here (or shortly after). have never once missed it. love all of karen kingsbury's books - great christian fiction of real life family stories. good stuff. ever read francine rivers book called Redeeming Love? unreal it's sooooo good!

Courtney said...

Great books:
The Help
Father Melancholy's Daughter
The Namesake
A Prayer for Owen Meany
Anything by Madeline L'Engle...esp. Two Part Invention (it's more biography than fiction, but really, really good)

Michelle said...

My friend just recommended an author she really likes....Kristin Hannah. Hope you have a good week and not too much rain!

Henry said...

Ainsley still sleeps with her bottom in the air sometimes. She's 4.5.

One of my favorite - an oldie, but I loved it - A Painted House by John Grisham. Told in the first person by a 9 yr old boy. So different than his other books.

Yeah on the diet coke!

My brain is shot by 8 pm. t.o.t.a.l.l.y. s.h.o.t.

been tired lately too. wondering if seasonal allergies are to blame.

Laura said...

I so get the "Sunday night" thing. There have been different reasons throughout the years, but I have always hated them. It used be I had to go to work or school the next day and the weekend never seemed long enough. Now, it is having to get everyone out the door again for school and missing the hubs all day long on Monday.