Monday, December 6, 2010

one of those days

not awful.
definitely not great.

i should have expected it after such a great {but FULL!} weekend.
i poured everything i had into our weekend and haven't had a chance to re-group.

today every word, every request, every question out of my kids' mouths irritates me.
just being honest.

i've been ugly a few times.
had to apologize.
mostly i've just said it to myself.
and still had to apologize to Him.

the kids are full of attitudes and arguments and complaints.
trying to balance teaching them with my own impatience.
that's hard.
i don't feel like i have it in me.

bailey has asked me all day to read "Madeleine" to her (not really ALL day...but a few times today).
every time i have said, "later."
i hate that.
i truly felt, each time, that i was in the middle of something and truly meant to read it to her...yet i haven't.

my jeans {you know the ones..the ones that tell you you're gaining a few} are tight today.
it's begun...the holiday "few."
that annoys me.
it's only dec 6!

so...off to change OUT of these jeans and into my pj pants, then i will find bailey and read her that book, then i will make guacamole (because we were supposed to have it last night but the avocado's weren't ready. now they are and i'm eating it...holiday "few" more, i guess...)

this is going to be a long couple hours...

tomorrow's a new day.

4 comments:

Holly said...

blah.

and can I just say that reading your posts I now actually hear YOUR voice...not what I think is your voice!
so fun.

Tisha said...

Shoot! I wish I could hear your voice too!!

Crystal said...

oh....you have described my every day for the last three weeks at least...so i know where you are coming from...it's hard when you KNOW that you should be doing better as a mom and can SEE what you are doing wrong but can't for the life of you stop it...at least that is true for me...I am thankful for each new day to try again!

Julie said...

i can relate... and i feel like Jasper is a teenager girl who is so hormonal. Driving me a bit batty.... and I have ripe avocado's too... YUM.. we can enjoy together...