Tuesday, October 5, 2010

sweet and sour

my days go from sweet to sour.
really fast.
the mornings are pretty calm {once pat and rebekah and joshua get out the door...before that it's CRAZY!}
but once they are gone, it's calm.
i might do an aerobics tape while bailey and sawyer have a BLAST at the train table together.
a couple days a week i go to the gym.
one morning a week i go grocery shopping.
or i clean/pick up/prep dinner/house stuff...
or we play.
this morning that's ALL we did.
we played ALL morning...it was so fun!
sawyer and i chased each other around the family room for awhile...both of us crawling.
have you ever tried crawling for any amount of time??
it's hard work! {it was my "aerobics" for today :-)}

we built with the duplo's.
we had a tea party with animal crackers and water in bailey's room.
we played school.

it's just so sweet...my mornings.
sweet and simple.

then bailey goes to school (STILL get a lump in my throat as she climbs on that big bus!)
and sawyer and i have our sweet little hour together.
then i have a good 1 1/2 hours to take a little nap, run around getting little chores done, catching up on email and blogs, planning the rest of the day...

THEN the sour hits.
the afternoon.
i can NOT figure it out.
it's KILLING ME!
they ALL need me to do 4 different things all at the same time!
and i have NO time to do ANYTHING productive!
it's like my day is OVER at 2:30 pm!
i give myself pep talks every single day before it hits.
i pray.
i plan.
i'm still a MESS by the time it's all over and they are in bed...
i know we'll get in a groove.
but i'm sure failing a lot in the process...

ok.
off to get mentally prepared to start all over again tomorrow...

7 comments:

Peyton said...

don't feel bad, you are more productive in one morning than I am in an entire week and I am not kidding. I usually do all of the things you do in the am after they have gone to bed so don't beat yourself up, you are amazing!

Holly said...

ick...praying you find a groove, there has GOT to be a groove!
right?

Kim Mattes said...

oh i am so there with you. i will reply to your email another day. i am too tired tonight. but i have not figured out how to get dinner on the table well yet and help with homework and take someone to the bathroom and be outside to keep an eye on everyone and listen to the 30 million things that are being said to me all at once!! it is horrible and my attitude has been so bad and every moment i am praying for grace and patience. we will figure it out somehow right??!! i am praying for you too!

Katy said...

i feel some of that too - my mornings and afternoons are totally different. i'll have a great morning, feel like i've gotten so much done, and then 3:00 hits and it all feels totally undone by the time david gets home. sigh.

Katy said...

i feel some of that too - my mornings and afternoons are totally different. i'll have a great morning, feel like i've gotten so much done, and then 3:00 hits and it all feels totally undone by the time david gets home. sigh.

jenn said...

i'm having lots of both this week...sweet...and sour...it's too bad that i'm letting the sour *win* over and over again...
ugh!

Ali said...

I am with you too! my afternoons haven't been going the way I'd like. and I am too beat at the end of the day to keep going and I don't even start at 5:15