Thursday, July 22, 2010

sawyer is 2 years old


today is sawyer's birthday.
i'm trying to celebrate.
but, mostly, i am sad.
i don't WANT my baby to be 2 years old!

he brings so much joy to our lives.
he is loved so so much.

he loves candy and fruit and balls and trucks and motorcycles and cookies and rebekah and his daddy and giving hugs and being outside and reading books

i never quite "got" the whole "baby" thing.
you know, "he/she was always the baby"...
now i do.

sawyer, i love you so much. i will try my best to let you grow up because i know that is my job. but you will always be my baby.

6 comments:

Alden and Dorian said...

Yes he will always be your baby ~ they just are. He is precious. I am thankful you GOT the baby thing ~ and appreciate the saddness you feel of him growing up. I love you and I love Sawyer! (and the rest of you too!)

beckley said...

awe.
hugs.
i'm sorry you grew your baby today.

(btw, nice job growing your baby. you've done a pretty stellar job, huh?)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Sawyer!! What an adorable sweet little boy you are. I cannot believe you are two today. I was thinking of you today. Hi to you too Courtney- miss you guys. Love, Heather

Beckysblog said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy!

jenn said...

happy happy birthday, sawyer! we love you!

Katy said...

i can't believe it either - and my baby is about to be 1. i often see sawyer and think about that being where caleb will be next year. he is such a lovable guy - even if he is growing up too fast!