Wednesday, June 23, 2010

laugh

i WISH you could HEAR what was happening in this picture!
they were both DYING laughing...she was pulling him in a bag.
you know, not a wagon or bucket even...a BAG.
and they were having FUN.
and LAUGHING.

and we had nowhere to be.
nothing we HAD to be doing.
i am LOVING summer.
just loving it.

the expectations i have put on our days are keeping me very busy.
my mind full.
my hands busy.
but my heart content and happy.
and the kids {mostly} happy {except when the consistent discipline i am aiming for is upon them :-)}

we are outside as much as possible.
which i just read is VERY good for you ;-)
i think he might go the rest of the summer with no shirt.
i just LOVE him like this!

and i was SO sad this picture was blurry...i still love it...
the snot wiped from his nose to his cheek...
the goose egg on his forehead (and scrape on his nose) - that he only cried about for 2 seconds and the wanted OUT of my arms to keep MOVING!

that SMILE!

twice a day we get to go a few houses down to feed some fish.
it's rebekah's first "job" - and we all get to help :-)
we haven't killed them.
this is good.

come on, his back with the rolls???
CUTENESS!

took this right before we headed in for dinner yesterday...

blankets with tea party stuff...and water bottles...
bikes
lawn mower (that is our neighbors...that sawyer goes ONTO their porch to get whenever he is outside. we have one. he just likes theirs better)
coloring with chalk
an extra kid {sure, the more the merrier!}

my hip still hurts.
maybe just as much.
but i'm ok with it.
and i know now that this was meant to be.
i needed to be at a place where i'm ok with it.
and THEN SOME.
13 days not running.
i miss it like crazy.
but it's lost it's POWER over me, which is good.

i am slightly worried about my triathlon.
but what can i do??
i really hope to be able to do it still.
but, if not, i will live.
i WILL.
{trying to convince myself on that one...}

today was "get the car inspected and go grocery shopping" day.
but even THAT felt so fun and free and easy with no schedules to rush back for!

my personal goal this summer is to laugh more.
so, any clips/jokes you want to send my way would be welcome :-)

i don't laugh very often.
i'm kinda serious.
i think a lot and ponder and i just decided that i need to laugh more.
so...it's my goal!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

what a great goal! laughing is so great just look at your sweet kids. :) summer is so fun. looking foward to when wilson it at an age where we can spend most of our days outside. love you

Shannon said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I have to confess I've been following along here for awhile but I don't think I've ever commented! I love your blog and the journey your family is on! I will be keeping up!

Allie said...

I've been enjoying your summer posts. Laughing more is my goal too - I actually made a little framed thing in my kitchen that says LAUGH! and it helps remind me. Makes me smile at least, if not laugh. :) Happy to hear you guys are having such a fun summer.