Sunday, April 11, 2010

my 33rd birthday

it was such a perfect day!
from start to finish...

i got up and headed out for a long run...enjoyed the sweet company of my "running group" for most of it...then i ran to the field where rebekah's soccer practice was and met pat and the kids.

pat had asked me the night before what kind of bagel he could bring me for breakfast...to have at rebekah's soccer practice once i was done with my run. i told him that a bagel didn't sound great and jokingly said that i wanted my chocolate chip scones. he asked me to leave the recipe out.

he and the kids made them and brought them to me for breakfast!
and he did a GOOD job! YUM!!!

watching rebekah play...

she's the one in the yellow shirt

pat took the kids to the dollar store earlier this week to get me something for my birthday.
he let them each pick something out.

bailey picked out a bag of balloons so while i was running they blew them up and taped them all over the house. she was SO excited for me to see them all!

we spent the rest of the morning/afternoon in the yard...mowing, weeding, mulching
then pat and joshua went to his baseball practice.

i had an hour or so to go to target by myself....heaven!

then we all went out to dinner!
all 6 of us!
we hardly ever do that...it's just not how we want to spend our money these days...but it was such a special treat!

{it was root beer...}

me and my sweet kids...love them!

and he went above and beyond to make me feel so very special...love him!

we drove by the cheesecake factory on the way home to get a slice of cheesecake for dessert!

when we got home, they gave me their gifts...joshua gave me a cute container...

and rebekah got this cross...and painted it!

pat got me a running hat and running tank top {exactly what i asked for!}

it was so sweet how excited the kids were for my birthday...

i felt ohsoloved by all your sweet emails/cards/facebook comments/blog comments!
my mom did the SWEETEST post on her blog (just don't look at the "middle school" picture!)
THANK YOU!!!

singing "happy birthday"!


the kids headed to bed and pat and i had a nice evening eating cheesecake and watching a movie together.

now i'm "older" than pat for 16 days...it's a very long 16 days...

15 comments:

Megan said...

So glad you had such a great day! It is great to celebrate YOU!

Megan said...

Okay, and I just looked at your mom's post and it is great! And of course I noticed the photo of you holding the Raggedy Andy doll...just a sign of things to come I suppose. Love you!

Holly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Ali said...

that does sound perfect. nice to see so many pics of you!

jenn said...

happy 33! so glad that you had such a great birthday! i was thinking of you :)! and it was so nice to see YOU in so many pictures for a change!! love you! xoxo

Sarah said...

happy bday! looks like you got totally spoiled!!! bdays are the best! :)

Unknown said...

glad you had a nice day. great pics of you :) i love the one where you and Bailey are smiling at each other, that is precious.

Beckysblog said...

Happy Birthday! What a great day! And way to go Pat on those scones! Wow!

Alden and Dorian said...

What a wonderful day you had!!! I loved seeing each and every photo. GREAT job Pat on making the day so special! We love you all!

Judi said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Lady! I'm so happy to have the privilege of knowing you and hopefully getting to know you better. Tell Pat I said he did an awesome job making you feel special! (I want that chocolate scone receipe please) May the Lord bless you richly in this coming year. And, be happy it's only 16 days.....I'm 3 months 4 days older than Don but he tells everyone for those 3 mths. 4 days that I'm a year older!!!!! :-)

Judy said...

Happy Birthday!

I can just see how much your kids LOVE YOU by the excitment on their faces as you celebrated your day! And that's the best gift ever! And there were so many great pictures of you! You look fabulous!

And way to go Pat on the scones. I had to read that part twice b/c I could hardly believe it. I love my precious husband, but trust me, that would NEVER happen in our house!

anthonyandbeth said...

what a sweet birthday you had!!! being loved on by your favorite people! you look great too! :)

Kate and Geoff said...

So glad you had a great day, my friend. I was thinking of you. And I LOVE seeing the way your kids smile at you. That might be the best thing ever.

Love you!! xoxo

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday! Glad it was awesome! super cool that they made those scones :)

Katy said...

sounds perfect - i love it! i LOVE your white shirt you're wearing - sooo cute!! i LOVE that Pat made your scones for you...and they did look just RIGHT!!! sooo glad it was a great day (and hooray for rebekah playing soccer again - does she still like swim team the best though?) :)