Tuesday, March 16, 2010

2:15-3:15 pm

the following series of pictures takes up about an hour of my day.
everyday.
so i feel like i should document it.

a little after 2:15 pm, i get bailey up from her nap.
"my time" is over.
i have rested/read/updated the budget/made grocery lists/blogged/checked email and now it's time to start the second half of my day.

we walk up to the school together.
she loves to hold my hand.
and i love to hold hers :-)
she likes to squeeze my hand and laugh.

we pick joshua up first on the far side of the school.
he always comes out of school with a smile on his face.
but he never hugs me.
and skips/hops/runs/anything but walks all the way home.
then we walk back to the complete other side of the school...right by where we went sledding day after day just a month or so ago!

we wait (about 10 minutes) for the rest of the kids to be released.
rebekah comes out of school pretty serious.
mellow.
not super excited.
and she always hugs me.

the 4 of us walk back down the hill to our house.
i hear some details of rebekah's day.
joshua runs ahead.
bailey stays right next to me...taking it all in.

i check the mail as we go inside.
hoping for our approval letter...

we go inside and everyone goes to the bathroom (seriously...they must not go at school. they have to go SO bad the second they walk in the door!)

rebekah does her homework RIGHT AWAY.
before she even eats a snack.
i wish she would eat a snack first.
on the days that her homework is frustrating, i think it would help her to have a little break, but she wants it DONE.

joshua and bailey get a snack and then color or something while i help rebekah with her homework.

and it's normally about 3:15 by the time rebekah is putting her backpack away and we are ready to start whatever is next!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kat said...

Hi! Just wanted to say hello since I have recently discovered your blog. My husband and I are also in the process of adopting (hopefully) 2 little kiddos from Rwanda. We get our fingerprints on Monday so hopefully our Dossier will be finished soon. I enjoy reading your blog! Nice to "meet" someone going through the process at the same time!
www.thespottsblog.blogspot.com
www.wewannarwandan.blogspot.com

-Kat

jenn said...

love little glimpses of your day! :)

jenn said...

ps. where is sawyer??? sleeping?

Kim Mattes said...

i loved this little glimpse into your life. i am so jealous that rebekah and joshua get out around 2:15 ish. when holly goes full day next year, she won't get out until 4pm. that just seems so late to me!! :(

Anonymous said...

good afternoon dudes. I'm really into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices as regards the boots were approximately 330 pounds everwhere. But for all I set this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you say about it?