Sunday, May 10, 2009

sweetness

the first time i woke up to pat getting out of bed...6:15 am.
rolled over and went back to sleep.
waking up the next time to pat walking in with sawyer, sleepy eyed and the pitter patter of feet...coming to jump on me with their hands full of pictures and letters and treasures they've been working on all week...7:00...on the dot :-)

got ready for church.
bagels at panera on the way - what a treat!
worked in the nursery at church.
lots of crying and poop (why is it SO hard to change dirty diapers when they aren't your child?!? almost couldn't eat lunch because of it.)

home.
after church movie with popcorn.
lots of "happy mother's day" sprinkled in everywhere...with hugs and kisses and smiles!
lunch (leftovers...but pat fed sawyer his baby food - BIG treat for me! i mean, ROYAL treatment).
a little wrestling and fun before rest time.

spent rest time doing what I wanted...working on curtains for the family room.
really tried to turn my brain OFF and just BE...it's a beautiful day - 70 degrees, no humidity...my heart and brain just need a BREAK. i don't give them a break very often and i'm really trying to today. it's hard to do that...

my mother's day gift from pat was a new running shirt - a tank top - i have no "real" summer running shirts. and i am about to sign up for a sprint triathlon :-)
AND a card...one of his computer paper cards...my FAVORITE! they always make me cry!

we're going out to dinner tonight.
and hopefully on a walk/bike ride before that.

i am so blessed.
blessed to be a mom.
blessed to be loved SO well.

and to my AMAZING mom.
and mother in law.
and all the other moms out there who love me and encourage me and who are traveling down this "mom" road also...i hope you are having a day full of sweetness too!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too.

Ali said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are a true blessing and inspiration to so many MOMS. Thanks for paving the way.

jenn said...

Glad you had such a great day (minus the poop!) - you truly deserve it! :) Love you - XOXO

Katy said...

i hope you were successful in turning your brain off for a bit today! You are an inspiration to me as a Mom, Courtney. Even though you guys broke from our 5 year plan agreement, I've always been secretly thankful, because that meant you could navigate the road before me and help me along as I followed behind you. I love you! - Happy Mother's day!