Thursday, November 13, 2008

my mornings

they are crazy.
and one day i will forget.
so, i'm getting it down here.
these are my mornings these days, with rebekah in 2nd grade, joshua and bailey at home with me and sawyer is 3 1/2 months old (and also at home with me :-)):

5:30 am: alarm goes off and i'm out of bed, get dressed to run
5:35 am: i'm in the study starting my day with Him - my "study" right now is seeking Him each morning. some mornings (like yesterday) i'm just on all fours PRAYING...BEGGING Him for the grace to get me through the day. some days i read a short devotion. some days i read a psalm.
5:43 am: head out to run
6:32 am: walk back in the door. (pat's on the couch reading - then he goes downstairs to "lift") make rebekah and pat's lunch. gulp down a cup of water. try to stop sweating some before i have to pick sawyer up and nurse him.
6:45 am: nurse and change sawyer, hear the others start moving - going to the bathroom, getting dressed
7:03 am: put sawyer in swing in my room, make my bed (pat's in the shower by now), help bailey get dressed, tell rebekah flip flops are not ok shoes when it's 32 degrees outside, help joshua with his belt, change at least one bed of sheets because they are wet or something.
7:10 am: head downstairs to get breakfast on the table. usually cereal. although we're in a new "kick" of having smoothies. rebekah gets her backpack ready. i throw a load of laundry in (at least this morning i did - not every morning)
7:16 am: pat comes down with sawyer and puts him in the swing in the dining room(poor guy - that's where he lives for this hour in the morning!) we ALL sit down and eat together.
7:26 am: pat and rebekah leave for work/school. the rest of us finish up breakfast and i clean up the dishes/kitchen. SOMEONE by this point needs to be "wiped" in the bathroom.
7:39 am: head BACK upstairs to pump for babies that need it! :-) sawyer is BACK in the swing in my room. joshua is kicking a ball around my room. bailey is "reading" a book to me.
7:55 am: head BACK downstairs (it's my own stairmaster!) to put the pumped milk in the fridge and get on with our day....(to look at my "list" and see what chore is on the schedule for the day, to do school with J and B...)

that's how EVERY morning starts.
no wonder i'm ready for a nap by 9 am!

7 comments:

Julie said...

no lie! When do you have time to sew those awesome shirts? And I LOVE the one you did for Bailey... how fun!

Holly said...

I think since we already 'stock' eachother anyway it's not weird for me to say 'thank you'. I was actually, and have been, curious ;-)

thanks!!!

(spa weekend????)

Michelle said...

Whew, I'm tired just reading about it! :)

Katy said...

isn't it amazing how much we accomplish before 8 am? crazy!!!! i'm planning to call you today during naptime...unless you're taking a nap too!!! And by the way, I was thinking about you when I was running this AM...wondering if you were totally back in your groove with your ladies in the morning...sounds like you aRE!!!

Kim Mattes said...

i am amazed at you...and exhausted too. thanks for sharing. :)

Alden and Dorian said...

That's my daughter ~ and I am so proud of her. I love you Courtney!
Mom

Beckysblog said...

Reading that made me tired too. I will not miss mornings when my kids are grown. I swear I will not! ;)