Thursday, August 2, 2007

our trip


we're home. we had a great time. really. it was amazing. i took the fewest pictures i think i've ever taken on a vacation. but i still got some good ones. my favorite is the one here...pat took it..on our last night - a walk on the beach at sunset.
at the airport as we're leaving. definitely had a COMPLETE breakdown the first night when we got to the hotel. i mean, the "ugly cry." i felt like someone had ripped my arms off - my kids are SUCH a part of my day and it felt awful. i was fine the next morning...

Charleston is a really old, beautiful city - they are really into these scrolly things - so pretty!

"Rainbow Row"

Out to dinner!

hanging out on the beach. it was wonderful to just talk and BE and remember all over again why i fell in love with this man.

ahhh...doesn't it just exude "peace"???
our last night
we went shopping at "the market" - super cool place. i got bailey this dress...by Global Mamas - they are handmade dresses made by women in Ghana trying to sustain themselves by having a "small business." love it!
ok. my top 10 favorite things about our vacation (in no particular order):
1. running with Pat on the beach - we've NEVER run together before!
2. taking my time in the shower
3. taking my time to get ready
4. periods of silence in our day
5. full conversations with Pat in the daytime (normally, IF we have a full conversation, it's at night)
6. wearing a dress every night
7. not knowing the time
8. eating YUMMY food that i didn't make
9. the carriage ride we took through Charleston
10. our kids' faces when we got home
so, there you have it. it was wonderful. but i'm sure glad to be back...and we're off and running!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

What fabulous pictures...you really do have a great photographer's eye...I love your dresses and I am so jealous that you got to go away on a romantic getaway...Our 10 year is coming up in January so I am getting to work! I don't care if we go away next summer to celebrate, we need a trip like that. Sounded heavenly!

Katy said...

How awesome! I just can see the absolute contentment and joy on your faces. You looked GORGEOUS!!! I'm SO thankful that you got to have this time away just the two of you. I can't WAIT To hear all about it! I love you guys! PS - I know the UGLY cry you're talking about!!! Remember the ones after the weddings??

Courtney said...

uh, yea, THOSE cry's!